August 19, 2008

Back to School

**updated afterschool

Trent started school today at Kid1st. Zachary doesn't start until Thursday so we are enjoying a day together. T cried when we dropped him off and Z and I both felt awful. A few minutes after leaving the church, Z said, "I bet he found a toy to play with, Mama. I bet he's not crying anymore." I love that he still had his little brother on his mind.

Here he is before his big day. AND, guess what's under his shorts...not a diaper! Big boy undies! I am anxious to see how he does away from home.

These are the treats that he took for his teachers.

I live by a philosophy a fellow mom of boys taught me when I was just a rookie mom: "Dress your kids cute and send good teacher gifts...no matter how bad your kids are, their teachers will still love them!" So far, it's worked for us!

Update: I just picked T up from school and they said he had a wonderful day. He stayed dry ALL day even during nap. I am so proud!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Mary Katherine!

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and was compelled to comment on this picture of Trent. It is just precious!!

Your family is just so sweet. I often hear updates from your mother-in-law, who I am sure loves having you close by. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is precious!! Good luck with the potty training!
Love the idea of the cute gifts and cute dressed kids....I live by the same rule!

The Garners said...

Well, I feel really tacky now for not taking teacher gifts. Those are very cute though--over-achiever! :)

I can't believe he's wearing big boy underwear now--that's so good! He looks precious. Glad he had a good first day.

The Kennedy's said...

So true, so true. Gift cards to our favorite stores work well too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great school year! Those treats are so cute and I am sure their teachers really appreciate the thought!

We've Got Scents said...

Yeah Trent, so thankful you had a GREAT day, your first day of school!

Leslie said...

Such cute teacher gifts! Where did you get the jars? I might have to borrow this idea!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Very good advice about teachers, cute clothes, and gifts!

Heather said...

I LOVE the suggestion for cute kids & fun gifts...mental note!! Did you print those labels yourself?

Anonymous said...

Well, I see you are still up to your old "tricks" ...Super Cute Gifts! Are you writing them down in a book? You should, publish it, make money. I would buy it! I need all the help I can get!

Super Cute!!