August 22, 2008

Journal

I got Zachary's journal from last year on his first day of school this year. I loved seeing each entry because his teacher allows them to write, draw or color whatever is on their minds that day with no prompting. Some of them were funny, most were unrecognizable, but this one just brought tears to my eyes.


It was dated during the week of Easter last year. He pointed out to me that the three large dots are the nails that the bad guys put in Jesus.

Definitely one of my most proud mommy moments.

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

6 comments:

The Garners said...

Oh, MK, I know you will treasure that forever. That is the sweetest thing. And that is one of my favorite Bible verses...I have to remind myself of that verse often because it's easy to focus on all the bad in the world that awaits our children and also to get lazy in my "training". That's a very encouraging promise from the Word though and great motivation. Give that sweet boy a hug from us...

Heather said...

MK, this is just the sweetest..would make my heart sing too!!

Leslie said...

Awesome! What a blessing for you to see that and be encouraged. Sounds like you have a very sweet little boy!

We've Got Scents said...

So very thankful for this entry in Zachary's journal and so very proud of his insight as to Jesus's sacrifice for all of us. Prayerfully we can continue to 'encourage him' in his daily walk with Jesus. Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! This kid never ceases to amaze me. What a sweet little boy you have.

Chantel said...

That IS a precious drawing! Avery was talking about the Holy Spirit the other day....it just makes my heart melt each time I hear the name Jesus come from her mouth!