March 30, 2009

RUNS in the family

I participated in the Soar with the Eagles and Run Like the Devil 5K run this weekend. The event also offered a 1 mile fun run for the kids. Zachary asked me to register him for it. He has been so excited about it and could hardly go to sleep the night before. When we woke up Saturday morning, it was in the 20's!!! We didn't let the cold get the best of us and headed out for the run. There were actually a few snow flurries as we stood at the starting line.



Jerilyn, me and Nancy before the race. (Stacie did it too.)
Here is Zachary, with his cheerleader, tracking towards the finish line. He did the mile in less than 9 minutes. We were so proud!

Receiving his trophy. He was beyond thrilled that he got a trophy. He finished 3rd among all the kids 12 and under.

I had my own personal best time too. Think it may have been due to the subarctic temps. I just wanted to get it over with!!

This is what I saw when I got to the finish line.

Rustyn joined his mom in running too. He was the 1st place winner of the kid run.

It was a VERY cold, fun start to our Saturday!


3 comments:

Paula McKaughan said...

Way to go MK & Z!!!!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you didn't mention how much colder it was in MP than in MV :-) I am still giggling about that one!!!

NJ

Honeyman 4 said...

Seriously!! Overall, not even overall female! What was your time?? Come join us for our run this weekend champ! :)